Wednesday, December 16, 2009

winding down

Loyal fanatics,

Regrettably, my time in Praha is coming to a close; my days are literally numbered.

My matka had come to join me in Praha this week- she arrived on Sunday. Though I fear I haven't been very good company as of yet, I've been somewhat preoccupied with finishing up being a student and packing up my life and all. But she seems to enjoy the city, while possibly not with the same forgone infatuation as me... What can I say, other than I'm absolutely in love with this city?

School is completed as of today- though I don't feel the relief I normally would at this fact.
This evening was dinner with matka and a good friend Katie, whom I unfortunately had to say goodbye to. And then it was goodbye drinks with another kamarádka, because as much as I'd love to deny it I am leaving dreadfully soon. I decided to walk in the gorgeous snow to the nearest Green line Metro station rather than take a tram. Upon approaching Namésti Miru, the effulgent purple Christmas tree couldn't help but capture my attention; and of course I had to stop and gaze.
The snow was blowing in circles all around my person, the flakes getting caught in the tangle of my eyelashes and melting as they kissed my always too warm cheeks, and I couldn't move from that one spot. I just gaped at the tree and tried my hardest to breathe in that elusive scent of snow.
I am truly going to miss this place, and the magic I feel here.

And so now we prepare to leave for Istanbul on the morrow, matka's Christmas gift to me. May I just say- my brother is set to receive a golf bag, and I am somehow swinging a trip to Turkey? Not that I am in any way complaining- I would just like to know how this went down so I can use my apparent stellar persuasion for future endeavors. :)

I'm afraid that's all I've got for the time being, or rather all I am in the mood/have the time to divulge.

Perhaps a more detailed account when i return from Turkey, where I hope to engage in many activities involving various types of poultry. And see- now I'm getting so tired that my jokes are losing their pajazz, so it is most definitely time for bed.

Cheers,

Erin

No comments:

Post a Comment