Wednesday, September 23, 2009

livin la vida czech

Cyber followers!

Things here in Prague are spectacular, I couldn't have chosen a better place. I know it wasn't my first choice, but some cosmic force certainly destined me to be here.
Haven't started "real" classes yet, but the 5 hour a day Czech intensive course is plenty, trust me... I have my final exam tomorrow, keep fingers and toes crossed for me! I think all I'll really be able to say after this class is "beer" and "ice cream" - but honestly, what more could a girl need?

Let's see... a recap.
Went to the zoo on Saturday with some amigos. It was very entertaining, though they had an abundance of bird species and we had trouble finding the other animals... I kept searching for the elephants, as elephants are terribly awkward and therefore unbearably adorable- but kept finding birds instead. I'm happy to say I did find them, however- and the experience was ever so magical.

Wandered around Little Side by myself for about 6 hours on Sunday.. Stumbled upon a rather random yet enjoyable nature preserve-type of place, did some trail climbing, sat and enjoyed an apple and the view- 'twas rather lovely. Met some fellow Americanas to watch the Pats vs. Jets game at a Sports bar in New Town, as I've been jonesing for some good old-fashioned American brutality! The game was rather disappointing, however... but the company was good, and that's a good consolation prize.

Other than that, been doing the Czech thing and experimenting in my tiny, yet somewhat efficient kitchen.

First meal made-

Oh yeah, boiling that tortellini!

Finished product- not terrible if I do say so myself. So I had that for dinner... 4 nights in a row.

Started feeling like I was getting scurvy.
Ergo, I decided to branch out and buy some veggies. Here's what I came up with-


Veggie stirfry with curry. Yummmmmm. It is much more delicious than it looks, and I think it looks pretty darn good!

Also keep in mind- I make food in a kitchen with two tiny burners and a sink. That's all! Also, there's only one plug. Ergo, I have to unplug our minifridge (for 4 girls who each cook independently) to use the stove. Sometimes, a roommate forgets to pug the fridge back in, and the icebox melts all over the food. Woot!

BUT! I chalk it up to life experience. I'm having the time of my life, and no longer feel like I'm getting scurvy. I'm a happy girlie :)

Wish me luck on my test!

Cheers,

Erin

No comments:

Post a Comment